Summer 2013 Undergraduate Pride Internship
Hudson Pride Connections Center exists to bridge the gap in services, to respond to the unmet needs, and to enhance the cultural lives and communities of lesbian, gay, bisexual, & transgender people, as well as all HIV positive people in New Jersey with an emphasis in the Hudson County area.
Hudson Pride Connections Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, non-governmental, community organization that was formed in 1993. Originally known as Jersey City Connections, Hudson Pride is happy to offer a number of different services, programs and events to a diverse LGBTQ community in the Northern NJ region. Our programs and services include transgender programming, youth groups, legal advocacy, health education, outreach services, and social service linkages.
The Summer 2013 Pride Internship requires an 8-12 week commitment period. The internship is a part-time, 20-25 hour a week position. This is an unpaid internship.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
The internship program is designed to provide interns with the opportunity to learn about non-profit work, gain experience in Event planning and fundraising, and LGBT issues. Interns will work under the direct supervision of the Hudson Pride Connections Center Board of Trustees. The intern will also have the opportunity to work with other staff members in a wide variety of projects.
Assignments will include:
- Maintain current information and submit updates for Community Events via email and web pages.
- Research community organizations, media outlets, and corporate partners in local areas for potential partnerships.
- Work with Staff and the Board of Directors to promote and market the 2013 Pride Event.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Center’s Pride plan, marketing goals, and mission.
- Assist in the recruitment and management of Pride volunteers.
- Assist in the evaluation of Pride activities and make recommendations for implementation in future years.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
This internship is open to students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program.
- Experience in organizing, event production and/or volunteer recruitment desired.
- Interest in fundraising, events, media, and LGBT issues
- General knowledge of HPCC and the services we offer
- Familiarity with issues affecting LGBT people and those living with HIV is desirable
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, attention to detail, and the ability to juggle several tasks while meeting deadlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able and willing to pick up 40lbs
Location: Hudson Pride Connections Center: 32 Jones Street Jersey City, New Jersey
Duration and Hours:
Summer: May to August, 2013. Part time 20-25 hour a week position. Flexible Schedule
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 2 references to Elizabeth Schedl at email@example.com
Hudson Pride Connections Center is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive organization. People of color, women, and GLBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.