Hudson Pride Connections Center is always in need of talented, energetic, creative, and committed individuals to help with activities, events, and programs. If you have time to give, we need you!
Individuals interested in volunteering should first attend a Volunteer Orientation. The orientation will cover Hudson Pride’s history, the programs and services our center offers, and the volunteer opportunities available. You will be able to ask questions, complete a volunteer profile, and meet the staff and other volunteers you will be working with. If you would like to complete our volunteer application in advance, you may download the form (PDF) here. You may then bring the completed form with you to the next available orientation (see date here).
Volunteer Orientations are held on the 3rd Thursday of the month from 6:00-7:00pm. If you are interested in attending, please call 201-963-4779 or e-mail our Volunteer Coordinator to register for the next orientation.
Some of the Volunteer Opportunities we have available:
- “Gatekeepers”: Our invaluable Reception Desk Volunteers welcome and greet all visitors, answer phones and support staff administration with light clerical needs, as necessary. The time commitment is flexible during all operating hours.
- “Hands on Deck”: Our Special Event Volunteers can take a variety of roles: help set-up and take-down events; work with a group of staff, and volunteers, to plan and carry out major events like the Pink Prom; lead or help with one of our weekly activities like a film series or arts and crafts in the drop-in center. The time commitment is very flexible.
- “Backbone”: Our Office Volunteers assist staff with mailings, data entry, administrative errands, newsletter production, and other projects. Office Volunteers help our small staff deliver services more effectively. Day and evening hours are available.
- “Front Line”: Our Group Facilitator Volunteers lead discussion and support groups. They work with our clients to discuss issues in a lively and supportive atmosphere. The commitment is flexible and depends on the group which you are leading. Experience in your field or training/certification required.
- “Stylists”: Our House Maintenance Volunteers help us keep our facility running smoothly and ready for our clients. We need help with all kinds of projects including painting, flooring, doors, cleaning, gardening and grounds work, and as-needed repairs. The time commitment is very flexible.
- “Ambassadors”: Our Community Representative Volunteers represent us at external events out side of the Center like health fairs, art openings, expos, Pride events and all other community events. This is an exciting opportunity to be an ambassador to the community and have a fun time at local celebrations and events! The commitment is flexible and includes attending a mandatory community representative training.
- “Pride Festival Volunteer”: Pride Festival Volunteers can take on a variety of roles: help with the numerous pre-festival tasks; work on various committees set up to handle all aspects of Pride, including marketing, fund raising, and entertainment; work with a group of staff and volunteers to carry out festival-day events. You can lend a hand on a number of pre- and day-of duties.
- Other: You tell us what you would like to help with! Then this is the position for you! Individuals with professional skills contribute regularly to the work at our Center. We seek people with prior experience or training in the following areas:
- Event planning
- Graphic Design
- Database Management
- Fund Raising
All potential volunteers must fill out an application either on-line or downloaded into a hard copy and then attend an orientation to prior to volunteer participation.